Nowadays, you will not find a device on which you won’t find a copy of Microsoft Office. It is a basic tool or program which includes various applications that we need for accomplishing day-to-day. People use it to create documents, to make effective presentations, and for doing various office-related tasks. But in a life full of hassles, they forget to update the software present on their device.
Updating the software and programs help a user in various ways. They gets to enjoy the improved and updated features of the product and to reduce the hassle for updating Office manually, Microsoft has found out a method. It has released “Microsoft AutoUpdate” which is helping users across the globe. This makes sure that the copy of Office you have on your device is not outdated and if it is then it checks out for the updates and installs them automatically.
Use Microsoft AutoUpdate (MAU) to check for updates
Office 365 subscribers are eligible to receive the latest updates in its features and tools. Hence, their product is always updated with the latest security fixes and improvements. To check for Office updates, follow the steps listed in the following section:
Read Also >> How to stop OneNote from launching automatically?
- Begin by opening an app such as PowerPoint.
- When it opens, navigate to the menu at the top and click “Help”.
- After this, click on the option saying “Check for Updates”.
- In case you do not see this option, then you may go to the next step.
- In this situation, you might have to run the Microsoft AutoUpdate tool.
- After this, you have to check for the updates once again.
- In the next step, you have to select the option reading as “Automatically keep Microsoft Apps up to date”.
- When you do this, you give “Microsoft AutoUpdate” the permission for automatically receive and install updates once they are released.
- Further, you have to click on the “Update” option. This will download and install the Office related updates on your device.
- You can choose to install updates one-by-one or do it all at once.
Install Office updates from the Mac App Store
If you have turned on the “Automatic updates” option on your Mac App Store, then you will receive auto-updates of the applications and software present on your Mac device. If there is a problem in the Mac App Store settings, then you may do the manual settings for downloading the updates:
- First of all, you have to open the “Mac App Store”. You can open this by using the “Dock” or “Finder” of your Mac device.
- Now, navigate to the left-side menu and click on “Updates”.
- Further, you have to click on the option that is reading as “Update All”.
- You can simply click on the “Update” button present next to a particular Office app.
- Wait for a couple of minutes until the update is installed after which you may start to use it.
It is important to keep the Office apps and tools updated so that you can enjoy its features to the fullest. You should not only strive for updating Office apps but also other applications and programs. Doing so will keep your Mac updated and protected and will improve its life-cycle as well.