As we all know, when Microsoft introduced OneNote for the Office users, it came with a feature that it will get installed automatically on a user’s PC. Although, this application has many features still some people do not want it on their device. This application allows you to compose journals, notebooks, note snippets, etc. If you have OneNote on your device, then you may work it on any website or any window that is available on your computer.
Not only this, it is quite essential when it comes to the collection of bits and pieces of information. Along with this, you can create screenshots for the purpose of gathering information. There are some auto-launch features in it which may become annoying at times. However, there are solutions for every problem, and the same is the case with this one. There are certain ways through which you can disable the auto-launch feature so that it does not pop-up on your screen until you want to use it.
Steps to restrict OneNote from launching at the Startup
Sometimes, OneNote starts running as soon as you open your device and this annoys you a lot. In this situation, there is no other way but to prevent it from running at the startup menu. Here’s how you can do this:
- Open your device and click on the “Start” button.
- After this, go to the “control panel”.
- Further, click on the “System and Security” tab.
- Afterward, go to the “Administrative Tools” and wait for Windows to open.
- This will display a list of shortcuts to system utilities.
- From here, locate “System Configuration” and double-tap on it.
- Consecutively, you have to tap on the “Startup” option from the same window.
- Now, locate the option reading as “Microsoft OneNote” from the list.
- When you see the checkbox available next to this option, click on it.
- This will disable the programs from running at startup.
- Finally, click on the “OK” button and close the window to save the changes.
- In the end, restart the computer and see if the changes have been made successfully.
Steps to disable the OneNote default printer
To disable the OneNote default printer, you need to follow the steps listed in the next section:
- Click on the “Start” option from your device.
- After this, go to the “Printers and Devices” section.
- Further, you have to locate the default printer that you prefer.
- Choose this from the list of devices on the screen.
- After this, right-click on the printer device.
- Now, you have to click on the option saying “Set as Default Printer”.
- Close this window and now Windows will no longer prompt you to print.
- After this, you can use your preferred default printer.
- You can still choose to print from OneNote directly by using the “Print” option from the dialog box.
This way you can choose to stop other programs from running at startup. In case you want help regarding this, you may go to office.com/setup and explore through a wide range of topics to choose from.